What should we bring?
- You should try to bring soft-sided luggage since space is limited and storage is easier. Hard luggage can damage woodwork and paint.
- For clothing, bring casual wear, mostly shorts and T-shirts, and swimsuits. Maybe a jacket, slacks and a sundress , loose-fitting cover-up and maybe a windbreaker for cooler evenings.
- Rubber soled shoes are recommended aboard our yachts.
- Lots of suntan lotion, hats and/or sailing caps.rent
- Snorkeling equipment is included on all of our boats, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
Are your captains licensed?
All of our captains are USCG licensed and are also ASA certified.
How far is the drive from the San Juan Int'l Airport (SJU) to the marina?
The drive takes between 45-60 minutes depending on traffic.
What is the easiest way to get to the marina? What is the standard taxi cost?
We will be more than happy to arrange an airport/hotel pick up for you. (Metro area). The driver will be able to stop and wait while you provision (for up to 1 hour) at no extra cost. The cost per trip is $90 for up to 4 people + $20 for each additional person. Tip is not incuded. Note that an additional fee of $20 will apply for a longer wait.
Where can we stay (near the marina) prior to our charter?
What time can we board?
Charters begin and end at 10:00 a.m. The boarding time for Arrival Night Stays is anytime after 5:00pm.
Are there mooring fees?
There are no mooring fees in Culebra and most in Vieques are free, EXCEPT the ones located on the West side of Cayo Real. These are painted yellow and say Caribe on them. The fee is $25 per day.
Are there National Park Fees and Fishing Permits required?
There are no National Parks Fees and no Recreational Fishing Permits required.
What are the extra costs?
- Arrival Night Stays have a cost of HALF the daily charter rate. *Boarding time is at 5:00pm or later. **These are based upon availability.
- Diesel Fuel
- Damage Waiver Fee: Monohulls – $40, per night; Catamarans – $50, per night.
- A $500 refundable CASH or Travelers’ Checks security deposit is due upon arrival.
Is there an ATM inside the marina?
Yes, there is an ATM machine located inside the marina.
What options do we have for provisioning?
We provide a Full Provisioning Service for a cost of $150.00 for the first 2 people and $19.00 for each additional person, plus the cost of the items. (List will be provided upon request.)
If you wish, you also have the option of doing your own provisioning. There are many options along the way from your drive from the airport (Sam’s, Costco, Super Wal-Mart and many supermarkets that carry everything you might need for your trip). We can arrange a (metro area) hotel/airport pick-up for you. The driver will be able to stop and wait while you do your provisioning (for up to 1 hour) at no extra cost. The initial cost per trip is $90.00 (for up to 4 people) + $20 each additional person. An additional $20 fee will apply for a longer wait.
Is there parking inside the marina?
There is plenty of free parking inside the marina and 24hr security.
Is there a rental car facility inside the marina?
Yes, there is a Thrifty Car Rental facility right next to our office. For an additional fee they offer alternate location drop off. For more information please contact them (787)863-2030.
Are there restaurants inside the marina?
- Seashore Bar & Grill. *Located by the dock entrance. Both indoor & outdoor seating area.
There is also a small deli / convenience store where you’ll find breakfast, sandwiches, beverages, wine, beer, snacks among other things.
Can I buy ice inside the marina?
YES, you may purchase ice bags at the Marina Administration office. Each bag has a cost of $3.00.
Can I bring my iPod?
All of our boats are iPod adaptable, so please bring your music with you. *WE DO NOT PROVIDE ADAPTERS so please bring yours. Thank you.
Do you provide beach towels?
We do not provide beach towels.
Do the boats have charts of the Spanish Virgin Islands?
Yes, all of our boats have both paper charts and chart plotters with information on the Spanish Virgin Islands, *USVI & **BVI.
* & ** Only yachts that are 45ft or larger are available to sail over to the USVI or BVI. Our smaller monohulls are available for charters through the eastern part of Vieques & Culebra ONLY.
Can additional provisioning be done in Vieques and Culebra?
- Vieques – For fuel and water since there are no docks we are developing a service where water and fuel can be delivered to your boat by a small service vessel; there are a couple of small supermarkets on the island where you will be able to purchase additional food & beverages.
- Culebra – For fuel & water since there are no docks we are developing a service where water and fuel can be delivered to your boat by a small service vessel; there are couple of small supermarkets on the island where you will be able to purchase additional food and beverages.
Will my cell phone work while chartering the SVI?
Yes. Most cell phone companies provide service in Puerto Rico, including Vieques and Culebra.
Vieques Biobay Eco-Tour Reservations:
We recommend that reservations be made at least 3 days in advance. We also suggest that you check out the moon calendar prior to making your reservation by visiting their website: www.biobay.com
Do you rent Paddleboards/Kayaks?
We do have standup paddleboards and kayaks available for rental. The cost is $25 per day each. *We’ll appreciate that requests be made at least 30 days in advance in order to confirm availability.
Do you rent fishing equipment?
We DO NOT rent fishing equipment but you’ll be able to purchase a fishing kit at West Marine in Fajardo, which is on the way to the marina.
Is Scuba Diving allowed on the boats?
Scuba diving is totally prohibited on all our yachts but there are places on both Vieques & Culebra that offer scuba tours and equipment rental.
In Vieques: www.blackbeardsports.com
In Culebra: www.culebradivers.com