• We offer “Puerto Rico sailing packages” and “BVI learn to sail packages” which include ASA 101, 103,104 and the Catamaran Bareboat Certification, ASA 114. These certifications are required for a bareboat charter.
• Our ASA instruction is carried out on quality vessels and offers more in the way of education by using up-to-date navigation equipment and instruments. Our sailing classes have a low student-to-instructor ratio, generally 2 students to one instructor or 1 family per instructor.
• We offer live-aboard sailing certification vacation-charters as well. Our mission is to ensure your certification and that you feel totally confident and able to charter sailing vessels and catamarans up to 50′ feet in length. Contact us at (787)-889-1978 or click on the link below for more information.
ASA 101 & 103
• These are the foundational sailing courses all sailors need. The 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing course, is obviously the basics. You will learn to skipper a sloop-rigged keelboat in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Also, you will be taught basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards. The 103 Basic Coastal Cruising course focuses on knowledge of cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, b1asic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather forecast interpretation, safety and seamanship.
ASA 101, 103 & 104
• This is the complete bareboat chartering package. This includes the entire curriculum of the ASA 101 and 103, as well as the 104. You will learn to skipper a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered keelboat or cat of approximately 30 to 45 feet in length during a multi-day cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions. You will be instructed on provisioning, galley operations, boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, routine maintenance procedures, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation including basic chart plotting and GPS operation, multiple-anchor mooring, docking, health & safety, emergency operations, weather interpretation, and dinghy/tender operation.
• An advanced cruising standard for individuals with cruising experience. The individual can act as skipper and crew of a 30-50 foot multihull sailboat by day in coastal waters. The standard includes those skills unique to a 30-50 foot multihull. Offered as a weekend charter on select weekends and as needed. Please contact us to set up your certification.