Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
- You should try to bring soft-sided luggage since space is limited and storage is easier.
- Hard luggage can damage woodwork and paint.
- For clothing, bring casual wear, mostly shorts and T-shirts, and swimsuits. Maybe a jacket,
slacks and a sundress , loose-fitting cover-up and maybe a windbreaker for cooler evenings.
- Rubber soled shoes are recommended aboard our yachts.
- Lots of suntan lotion, hats and/or sailing caps.rent
- Snorkeling equipment is included on all of our boats, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
ARE YOUR CAPTAINS LICENSED?
HOW FAR IS THE DRIVE FROM SAN JUAN INT'L AIRPORT (SJU) TO THE MARINA?
WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO GET TO THE MARINA? WHAT IS THE STANDARD TAXI COST?
WHERE CAN WE STAY (NEAR THE MARINA) PRIOR TO OUR CHARTER?
WHAT TIME CAN WE BOARD?
Boarding time is at 10:00am. Charters begin after onboard 10:00am briefing has been completed. The boarding time for Arrival Night Stays is 5:00pm. Arrival Night Stays are only available out of our base in Fajardo, Puerto Rico.
ARE THERE MOORING FEES?
ARE THERE NATIONAL PARK FEES AND FISHING PERMITS REQUIRED?
WHAT ARE THE EXTRA COSTS?
- Diesel Fuel Damage Waiver Fee:
- Monohulls – $40, per night
- Catamarans – $50, per night.
- A $500 refundable CASH or Travelers’ Checks security deposit is due upon arrival.
WHAT OPTIONS DO WE HAVE FOR PROVISIONING?
- Pueblo Supermarket – Open 24 hours year round. Very well stocked including Wine & Spirits.
- SuperMax – Open 24 hours, year round. Very well stocked including wine and Spirits.
- Sam’s & Costco are also on the way to the marina. Please bear in mind the space limitation when considering shopping at either one.
- Near Marina: These are located within a 5-10 minute drive from our Fajardo base.
- Econo Supermarket: Fajardo Shopping Center. Very well stocked, including Wine & Spirits.
- Walmart Supercenter: Fajardo Shopping Center. Well stocked but limited on Wine & Spirits.
- Ralph’s Food Warehouse (Road #3– Well stocked including Wine & Spirits.
- Amigo: Ceiba: Well stocked including Wine and Spirits.
- Moe’s Fresh Market – Located right across the street from American Yacht Harbor. Well stocked including Wine & Spirits.
- Sami’s Fresh Mart – Located right across the street from American Yacht Harbor. Limited stock but available for any last minute forgotten items.
- Food Center – Located on the East End, West of Red Hook, on Route 32. Well stocked including Wine & Spirits
IS THERE PARKING INSIDE THE MARINA?
IS THERE A RENTAL CAR FACILITY NEAR THE MARINA?
CAN I BRING MY IPOD?
DO YOU PROVIDE BEACH TOWELS?
IS SCUBA DIVING ALLOWED ON THE BOATS?
In Vieques: www.blackbeardsports.com
In Culebra: www.culebradivers.com
DO YOU RENT PADDLEBOARDS/KAYAKS?
DO YOU RENT FISHING EQUIPMENT?
ARE PETS ALLOWED ON BOARD?
IS SMOKING ALLOWED ON THE BOATS?
Can We Stay Aboard The Night Before Our Charter?
Arrival night stays are available on charters that are 7 nights or longer & ONLY out of our base in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. These are based on availability and have a cost of half the daily charter rate.
DO YOU PROVIDE SNORKEL EQUIPMENT?
Yes. Complimentary snorkel gear is available; however, we recommend that you bring your own if your size is very small or very large.